InitMarketing is now a member of Open Source Business Foundation (OSBF). OSBF is a European-wide Open Source network founded by Richard Seibt of SUSE fame. The activities of the network focus on the business benefits of Open Source software. The members of OSBF are companies, institutions, VCs and persons inspired by open source software – all together over 120 to date.
There are plenty of useful working groups within OSBF, such as:
- With the Open Source Business Award, OSBF annually awards innovative ideas, concepts and promising business plans.
- The Campus Coaches provide member companies their diverse professional experience free of charge.
- The COSAD working group develops best practice guidelines for OSS.
- The OSBF Embedded project fosters the use of OSS, especially Linux in embedded systems.
- Just recently, OSBF started a sales and marketing project that InitMarketing is a core member of.
In only two years since OSBF’s birth, it has established itself as probably the most important interest group for OSS businesses with a strong footprint in Germany and a growing attraction all over Europe.