My search for a PR agency in the USA for Mindquarry has lead to some good results. I am waiting for feedback from some promising potentials. Below is the Q&A I sent to them.
Some of the questions should be answered by your marketing strategy which you hand out to your PR folks. Nevertheless, with a young company like Mindquarry, your marketing strategy is likely to change while you introduce new products and gain new experiences. Hence, I want a PR agency flexible enough not only to shape a story and message with you, but also to keep an eye on how the results of a PR campaign impact your general strategy.
Use the list at your own risk🙂
Profile of PR Agency
- Where do you see do Mindquarry and your PR agency fit well together?
- Why can you help us best to be successful? What’s special about you, what’s your PR “trick”?
- Do you see critical aspects, anything where you or Mindquarry need to adapt to work together smoothly?
- How big is your company: How many employees, how many customers?
- Please name all Open Source clients and your team members who work(ed) for them.
- Please name your 5 best known customers and your team members who work(ed) for them.
Profile of Mindquarry
- How would you describe the profile of Mindquarry?
- What are strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you position Mindquarry in your PR, what’s the core message?
- Do you see a large disadvantage in Mindquarry not yet having an office in the USA? Which interim solution would you suggest until the office is in place?
General PR Approach
- What would be the general PR approach you’d suggest to gain visibility of Mindquarry? Starting with social marketing / community evangelism then moving towards “traditional” PR? Or mixing it right from the start?
- Please list the minimum actions you would perform to ensure the success of Mindquarry PR.
- How long will it take, to achieve the goal?
- Please give us an idea which focus groups you would address and the reasons why?
- Also, who are the focus groups you would leave out, why?
Channels and Collaterals
- Which channels would you address?
- Which magazines/journalists would you approach? Where do you want to see a news or article appear?
- Are there in general conferences or trade fairs we should not miss?
- Should the PR be in sync with our appearance at events or is this less important?
- Any bloggers you have in mind whom you could ask to write about Mindquarry?
- Do you think http://www.mindquarry.com is ready for the upcoming PR campaigns? What would you urgently change?
- Do you plan to make use of http://www.mindquarry.com within your PR? How?
- What kind of marketing collaterals (e.g. brochures) should Mindquarry provide or adjust for your PR?
Resources and Costs
- How many of your team members would be involved in Mindquarry PR?
- Will we have a dedicated point of contact? How much of her time would this person allocate to us? Who would assist her?
- What kind of help would you need from Mindquarry?
- A rough estimate: how much would the minimal PR cost?
- How would you benchmark the success or failure of your Mindquarry PR?
- How would you correlate it to sales figures (conversion)?